Wells PTA is a member of the Plano ISD Council of PTAs, Texas PTA and National PTA. As members of these organizations, we are part of the oldest and largest volunteer child advocacy group in the United States. For over 100 years PTA has been working to identify problems affecting children and devising strategies to resolve them. Many important advances such as child labor laws, a public health service, hot lunch programs, a juvenile justice system, mandatory childhood immunizations, and automobile safety belt programs can be attributed to the unrelenting efforts of PTA volunteers.
As a PTA we have available to us the huge resources of the state and national organizations as well. This includes the training of our officers and chairs, state and national conventions, and many award opportunities. Most importantly, as a member unit of the PTA we have a voice. When PTAs join together as one voice, we can make a real difference for our children and for children throughout the United States.
Mission of the Parent Teacher Association
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children;
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
Objectives of the Parent Teacher Association
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
PTA Membership Benefits
- Good Housekeeping
- Mountain America Credit Union
- Quicken Loans
- Schwan’s Cares
- For more details check out Membership Benefits
- Texas PTA Members get discounts from Dell, Enterprise, HP, LaQuinta, Nationwide, Great Wolf Lodge, Six Flags, SeaWorld, Schlitterbahn, and Texas Rangers. Click Here for a list of all the benefits available.
If you are interested in joining the Wells PTA, please join today! Click here to join now.